Posted to uk.misc,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

In article ,
writes:
In uk.d-i-y Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
August West writes:

The entity calling itself Big Les Wade wrote:

And then there's the French with their five yellow jackets per car.

What? I hired a car in Frnace just last month, and there was no such
requirement.

There is such a requirement (IIRC since beginning of this year).
However, I know several french drivers, and given the national
pasttime for ignoring regulations, non have one.

I think the requirement for *a* high-visibility vest has been in force
for quite some time hasn't it? The change this year is a requirement
for more than one of them. .... or have I lost the plot completely?

Sounds right from what I recall, and some rule about you must put
them on before getting out of the car (so you can't keep them in
the boot, unless you can retrieve them from inside the car).

--
Andrew Gabriel