Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default oil-based paints to be banned ?

In article ,
NT writes:
On Sep 3, 1:09*pm, "mark" wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message

On dragons den last night, one of the "dragons" mentioned oil-based or
high VOC paints are to be banned. Anyone know about this ?
Will be forced to use the awful quick-drying paints that leave brush
marks everywhere ?
More things going the way of the incandescent light bulbs ?
Simon.

http://www.buildingconservation.com/...ic/paintrestri...

mark

yet more idiotic meddling. We'll just have to go over to lead paint or
make our own oil paints, probably using something worse than white
spirit.

I have a few bottles of extra virgin olive oil which has gone off
(a moment of madness in Costco many years ago, and bought more than
we could use). They'd been put to the side, but I opened one recently,
and it now smells quite similar to some oil based gloss paints.
Perhaps given a few more years, I could recover some volatiles from
it to use to make paint? ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel