Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Quest for an I-T-E breaker

On Sep 2, 8:35*am, Mint wrote:
On Aug 31, 10:22*pm, fftt wrote:

On Aug 31, 9:46*am, Andy wrote:

I am trying to find a I-T-E 30 amp breaker without out any luck.

The main box says it can take either a Type EQ-P or EQ-T.

Any ideas of where I can find one?

Thanks.

local circuit breaker house or ebay

number of poles?

cheers
Bob

2 pole

The main box does not have a main breaker.

Can I run wire from the main box into another box with it's own 30 amp
breaker?

This is the problem that I am looking for advice with.

My daughter bought a new dryer. It is not on a dedicated circuit and
it's using a 20 amp breaker.
The circuit has been tripping.

The dryer manual says it needs a dedicated 30 amp circuit.

I know that the long term solution would be to replace the whole main
box.

Thanks.

No main breaker? Gotta have a shutoff somewhere...check on the
interior wall opposite the meter.

Or it could be a "split bus" panel ...where the main breaker just
looks like a regular 2 pole breaker. I'm thinking maybe 70 or 100
amps.

cheers
Bob