Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default New Garage Foundation

On Sep 3, 5:40*am, Tony wrote:
DanG wrote:
It is not unusual to pour the close footing first, lay down plenty
of ply or planking and drive the truck over the filled up footing.

I did mine opposite. *I threw a bunch of firewood logs in the ditch for
the truck to drive over then pulled them out and quick finished the
rebar after the truck was out and ready to pour the footer at the doors.
* Although I didn't see the OP so I don't know how deep your footer is.

I think the OP is from Oregon... So I'm assuming frost depth isnt that
much.

I'd be surprised if the footer is any deeper than 18 or 24".

wrt to another post... "how's he going to pour the slab if he cannot
reach?"

A couple extra chute segments will get him more than close enough to
place the slab mud, but not close enough to get it into the back
footing forms.

Pat, my suggestion is squeeze the pump price & then bit the
bullet......I think you'll be much happier with the process & the
result.

cheers
Bob