Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Painting over anodize?

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 09:00:02 -0400, the infamous Bob Engelhardt
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I run a bit of propane into a paint can if I need to keep it around
for a long while. I learned that after letting a gallon of Waterlox
gel up on me. ...

I heard about the propane here & tried it. It works great with
Rustoleum & not at all with Benjamin Moore. The B-M will be skinned
over in 3 days, even with the propane. I also tried CO2, with similar
results. Fortunately I don't use much oil/alkyd paints nowadays.

That's extremely strange. Did you ask BM about it?

--
Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority.
ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to