Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Painting over anodize?

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
["Badger thingies"]
BTW, I see that the tire/Propel adaptor and the hose come complete with
the sprayer on the "blister pack" offer here, for $17.99:

http://www.ehobbies.com/bad2504.html

How do the "Badger thingies" G compare to a regular spray gun, say the
HF "touch up" sprayer:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...?Itemnumber=86

Always on the lookout for a new toy,
Bob

Lousy. Think of the Badger thingies as a direct replacement for a
consumer-grade spray can. The spray pattern is the same and the atomization
is similar. The biggest difference is that they'll spray things that you
just can't get in a spray can. And with the heating trick I mentioned, they
can spray some pretty heavy-bodied paints. Of course, thin as necessary, if
heating isn't enough.

I've used mine hundreds of times and I'm really pleased with it. It has just
a few parts and it's extremely quick and easy to clean. But don't expect a
professional spray-gun job from one of those little siphon sprayers.

--
Ed Huntress