Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] is offline

Default Painting over anodize?

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:57:31 -0700, notme wrote:

For a gallon, if they are off a drop or two with the pigments,
it'll be close enough. On a half-pint, a miss is as good as a mile.

-- Bruce --

For my needs, no matching necessary. Whatever orange they have that's close
to what I think I want it to look like, I'll take it.

So, maybe no additional labor = cheap?

thanks.

Go to Pep Boys. They don't do many things well, but they have a
dozen automotive colors from DupliColor premixed in quarts. Might
have a Candy Apple Red Metallic, that's kinda popular for DIY.

They mix it up 1000 gallons or more at a time, then package it into
cans on a filling line.

-- Bruce --