Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Small Florida Town "gets it" (guns)

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:43:00 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:
On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 23:07:03 GMT, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian
wrote:
On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 00:03:34 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote in message

Dunno, most of the gun owners I know, left and right, are responsible
citizens.
It only takes one. And those people who try to kill presidents carry guns
where the presidents are. So having people carry guns around a president
is a little loony, wouldn't you agree?
Not at all - it should be MANDATORY! :-

Hell..cops and Secret Service carry guns around him all the time. Are
they more than law abiding citizens?

The only difference I can see between a Cop or a Secret Service
Agent and a regular citizen is a stringent background check to get the
job. They still put their pants on one leg at a time. And they are
just as falliable, if not moreso because they are now in a position of
authority - one that can be abused.

There should only be two questions: "Are you carrying legally?" As
in proper permits where required - properly following all carry laws
where they aren't.

The proper reply: "Are those requirements imposed on me constitutional?"