Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Gyproc Lite Coving - some praise

On Sep 3, 4:40*pm, Tim S wrote:
An observation...

I use to think polystyrene coving was the devil's threadbare underpants.

Then I needed 6 3m lengths and couldn't face dragging a box like that from
B&Q down to the bungalow, let alone putting it up (it's heavy and my car
only takes 3m on the roof, precariously balances over the rails!).

So I got the Gyproc Lite 100. Same price, same profile as Gyproc 100 but 1/4
of the weight.

Turns out the polystyrene is quite dense with reinforcing tape. Went up a
treat and (yesterday) painted beautifully. No visual difference with the
rest of the coving at all. I'm a convert.

Cheers

Tim

in a few years you'll be told to take it down as a fire risk

NT