Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default random orbit sanders and 1/2 sheet orbital sanders

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:39:18 -0500, Jules
wrote:

Yes, at least it doesn't spread it everywhere, I suppose. It's just that
given how much actually makes it into the bag on mine vs. how much I sweep
up elsewhere, I can't really see why they bothered :-)

I used to empty the dust box on my sander, it certainly filled up
though I can't remember if any escaped and fell to the floor. I've
since bought an adaptor to fit the sander to the vacuum and now it
catches pretty much everything.

I think I read (in the FAQ?) that the system serves two purposes: not
only to collect sawdust but also to draw air through the sander and
cool the motor.

I have had a couple of pads where the velcro stays on and the paper
falls off but I always thought they were bad batches.