Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.comp.blind-users
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default patronising digital advert

I think it much depends on whether you use Outlook Express etc. One of the
most annoying thing is when people quote whole streams from thread, then at
the very bottom say something like..
I agree.

Snipping is the word of the day.
However from the posting side, because OE top posts by default, and often
you have in your mind what you want to say, by the time you have done all
the pasting about and snipping you have forgotten what you wanted to bloody
say in the first place!!

Brian

Email:

"J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes:
Brian is blind and uses a screen reader of some sort.

Bottom posting is a problem when used with a screen reader as it is
difficult to find the content.

. I'm puzzled as to how, and I'm sitting in a household belonging to two
screenreader users as I type this. ..

It may seem logical to bottom post but that doesn't make it correct once
you understand all the implications.

. (Although I strongly prefer bottom-posting - or, actually, snip and
interposting, see later posts - I never say either is "incorrect".) ..
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
**

Sarcasm: Barbed ire