Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.comp.blind-users
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default patronising digital advert

In article , J. P. Gilliver (John)
scribeth thus
In message , Tiddy Ogg
writes:
[snip]
I'm sure the impractibility of snipping is rare. I agree with JPG. I

. Your post crossed with mine saying much the same thing.

know blind users have special needs, but I far prefer bottom posting.
If it is a long post then use your keys to go to the end and then up a
bit to get the newest bit.

Interleaving, which is probably the best idea for sighted users in
some cases, does make things difficult, but otherwise standard usenet
standards are fine.

. Why does interleaving make things difficult - is it that it becomes
hard to see who said what? Surely that is more a question of whether the
posting software puts in the quoting characters, and the access software
indicates their existence. I can see that if either of those isn't
correct, there could be confusion. Maybe ideally different voices could
be used, though I'm not aware whether any of the speech-based access
methods offer such an option, and it could be amusing if the same
person's text changes voice in subsequent posts because of the depth of
quoting characters!

May I ask how blind poster's shall we say, communicate is it they
magnify the screen up by a substantial amount or do they have a text to
speech device?..
--
Tony Sayer