Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Painting over anodize?

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:43:09 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gone Fishin'" wrote in message
al-september.org...
You can get much better paints in a regular can than the junk they put
in
spray cans.

I concur.

For very small projects (this one I'm doing is about 10-12 square inches),
can you buy small quantities of quality paint? Where?

Thanks.

Buy the smallest cans you can get and learn how to seal a paint can well
after using it. I have alkyd resin cans that are 20 years old and the paint
still goes on and dries just fine.

If you have a TIG welder: I backfill paint cans and containers of
various other chemicals with inert dry argon from the TIG bottle.
I've had stuff last a decade that had a rated shelf life (after
opening) of a week.