Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.comp.blind-users
J. P. Gilliver (John) J. P. Gilliver (John) is offline

Default patronising digital advert

In message , "dennis@home"
writes:
[]
. (Although I strongly prefer bottom-posting - or, actually, snip and
interposting, see later posts - I never say either is "incorrect".) ..

I prefer logical chronological posts..
as I read a post and go to the next one I like the new stuff to be
there and not have to skip through loads of old quoted stuff that I
have read in the previous post.

.. You posted just two lines from my post, and then added your reply
_below_ the part to which you were responding; that is exactly the sort
of post I like to read! ..

See it is logical to top post and a waste of time to bottom post unless
you have a habit of reading the thread from the newest post first.

.. Well, I think what we are doing here is good: it makes it clear which
bit of the previous post is being responded to. People who leave
excessive amounts - let alone the whole - of the previous post in their
post do hardly anyone any favours, whether they top or bottom post.
(Though I still submit it's easier to see which point is being responded
to if the response doesn't come first.) ..
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar@T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

Sarcasm: Barbed ire