Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Toting a gun

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:36:39 -0500, Ignoramus22805

On 2009-09-02, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:43:42 -0500, Ignoramus22805
wrote:

Being a cynical person, I cannot believe that an ability of lawmen to
dispatch those they disliked "with minimum fuss" was a good thing.

I would much rather prefer a modern society under the rule of law, a
polite society where guns are carried, but not used much. When I lived
in Oklahoma, it was much like that.

And why do you think that guns are carried, but not used much?

Think before replying.

As opposed to places where guns are carried, and used a lot, like that
town where only the 72nd person died a natural death?

Which town was that..and in which year? And who died..the good guys..or
the bad guys?

Maybe for two reasons:

1) People are less desperate to risk their lives for a buck
or
2) The ones who would risk their lives for violent confrontations did
not leave offspring.

#2 of course.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates