Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Painting over anodize?

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:41:48 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 09:40:02 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message

There are respirator cartridges that are NIOSH-rated for urethanes.
The more significant issue is getting a good face-to-respirator seal.

You go first. I'll watch. g

I've painted several cars with PPG/Ditzler basecoat-clearcoat
urethane. No problems. I renewed the cartridges after each job.

OK. Have you taken an IQ test since you did that, to see if the numbers
still hold up? ggg

Just so people are aware that ordinary paint respirators are NOT up to the
job. From there, they should research it thoroughly.

I've been using a half-face mask from Draeger with the appropriate filter
cartridges while spraying the HLV that I'm still doing up. Using Isocyanate
hardened paint. The mask even gives a decent seal over my straggly beard and
works well enough that I cannot even smell the paint when spraying.

Doesn't stop the symptoms when you do a stupid and spill hardener on your
hands after forgetting your gloves though...

Mark Rand
RTFM