Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default random orbit sanders and 1/2 sheet orbital sanders

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:51:47 +0100, John Rumm wrote:
* does the dust collection actually work on the better brands / models?

On the MM its not bad if you hook up the vacuum cowel, fibre washer and
use the punched pads. Its not perfect, but is about as clean as you are
going to get a sander. There is something about the oscillatory action
(rather than orbital) that seems to throw less into the air in the first
place - it tends to pour off the thing you are sanding in a nice little
waterfall.

Yes, at least it doesn't spread it everywhere, I suppose. It's just that
given how much actually makes it into the bag on mine vs. how much I sweep
up elsewhere, I can't really see why they bothered :-)