Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Coffin

In article ,
Andy Champ writes:
Dave wrote:

Be morose no more. A very good friend of mine who went blind with
diabetes died at quite an early age, taught me a a lot about computers,
had that played at his funeral as the vicar pushed the button for the
casket to start it's last journey. I thought it was a very good choice
by his parents.

Bill planned his own funeral. He had plenty of warning.

I remember watching a documentary many years ago about a young guy
who knew he was going to die (Aids, IIRC) and planned everything
down to the last detail - you really had to admire him. I can't
remember all the details clearly now, but ISTR his coffin was
painted to look like a large can of heinz baked beans, and very
many other things designed to get the mourners smiling. Oh yes,
they all had to come in very bright colours - definately no
black. However, one of his instructions which the undertakers
just couldn't bring themselves to do was, just as the curtains
have drawn behind the coffin, he wanted a white gloved hand to
poke back through the curtains and wave goodbye.

--
Andrew Gabriel