Andrew Gabriel

Default gas boiler thermocouple

In article ,
"sro" writes:

Yes I know that efficencies have increased although I do take issue with the
way the plumbing/heating
trade love to quote "efficiencies" of more than 100% without explaining the
particular scam they are
using to break the laws of thermodynamics.

What would you define as 100% efficient?
Let's suppose you define it as a condensing boiler whose flue
gasses are at the same temperature as its air intake. Now I come
along and invent a scheme for recovery of the latent heat of
fusion from the condensate (i.e. this boiler spits out ice cubes
instead of a dribble of condensate). So my boiler is now 120%
efficient according to your scale, but I didn't break any of
the laws of thermodynamics.

Now just hang on whilst I nip off to the patent office...

--
Andrew Gabriel