Howard

Default Cheap tools??

Silvan wrote:
Mark Jerde wrote:

You can't? I can buy a good dinner for four for $20. Of course my
standards aren't so high.

One more try... I looked a little closer at the site, and apparently, the
manufacturer is "MTG". I don't recognize MTG -- does anybody else here recognize
that name?

Any rate, for $40, I think I'm just going to chance it and buy the thing.
I guess I could let y'all know how it turns out...

BTW, just how do you go about evaluating a drill press, anyway? Do I need
to get a runout guage, or what? I'm guessing that for my needs, almost any
drill press will beat the funky attachment I got to mount on my hand drill
(forgot what it's called, but it has about a 6" circular base and two rails,
with another chuck mounted on a cross piece... it's supposed to steady your
drill to make it easier to drill at a precise 90-degree angle, and you can
push the rails down to do things like straddle a pipe. Works ok, but requires
more than two hands sometimes...)

--
Howard