Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default Small Florida Town "gets it" (guns)

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

I would say the individual who did this achieved his goal, by
starting a national discussion on the limits of this right.

Unless he just shifted the political center a notch or two towards
the gun-control side, which I strongly suspect is the case. I'm
watching for polls.

Were there ever to be effort to reinstate the federal assault
weapons ban this guys and his buddies will end up poster boys.

I suspect you're right.

These guys are being allowed in attendance with their firearms against the
advice of and under protest by the President's security detail.
That only happens one way, and I see Dave Axelrod an Rahm Emanual's fine
political sensibilities at work here. That and Obama's faith in his security
detail. The "perimeter" thing is a real tell tale that there was a heated
argument over this right at the top.

You have to wonder who's using who, and at what eventual cost.

Hey, Hank Paulson says he wished Barney Franks had been a Republican when
Paulson was Secretary.
He feels that Franks is hands down one of this Congress's most reliable and
effective legislators and that he really understands the nature of what's
been going on with our economy, financial services, and banking sectors.
Paulson went on to say that NANCY PELOSI and Franks were two of the best he
worked with during his time in office as far as being straight shooters and
delivering on their promises when the hard votes came down. I immediately
thought of the initial TARP votes in the House and Senate.

His book will be out in November and I think I'll pre-order a copy.
LOL

--
John R. Carroll