Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Toting a gun

"Ignoramus22805" wrote in message
Being a cynical person, I cannot believe that an ability of lawmen to
dispatch those they disliked "with minimum fuss" was a good thing.

I would much rather prefer a modern society under the rule of law, a
polite society where guns are carried, but not used much. When I lived
in Oklahoma, it was much like that.

I'm 60. I remember "the way things were" when I was a kid. There was a lot
of instant enforcement and punishment. If you smarted off to a cop, you got
what you got. Today, there's cameras and civil rights people everywhere.
In Las Vegas, it was common for the police to escort a person to the city
limits, give them a tune up, and tell them the next time they came to town,
they'd be cactus food.

Yes, the practice of lawmen dispatching bad guys with little accountability
was a fact. Read about it in any history book that details day to day life
in frontier towns. Even the gang at the OK corral (the lawmen) had shady
careers, and had left several towns because they were just a little too gung
ho on law enforcement, and left a trail of bodies. Guess it was the dawning
years of liberalism, but I would say a lot of citizens were glad to be rid
of the pond scum the lawmen got rid of.

I think there are a lot of people living today that could be dispatched with
minimum fuss, and the whole planet would be better in about fifteen minutes.
There are people who are walking the streets that don't deserve to live
among us, yet there are kids sitting in prison for a small bag of dope.
Look at the current kidnap case in California. I rest my case.

Steve