Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default random orbit sanders and 1/2 sheet orbital sanders

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:35:52 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Never used a Fein, but my Bosch PMF180 copy is without doubt the
best delta sander I have tried - streets ahead. The rubber backing
pads do wear badly mind you - does that happen with the Fein?

What the velcro covered things? They last quite well if you take care
to not overheat a corner - at which point it can start losing hooks,
and then the paper does not stay put as well.

Ah. Exactly what happens with the Bosch.

I've found with mine (a cheapy Ryobi thing* bought on a whim) that it's
actually the sandpaper material which separates from the velcro backing...
I've had that happen on a couple, now (3M pads, I believe). Actual hook
portion fine, so far.

* does the dust collection actually work on the better brands / models?

cheers

Jules