Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quick steam cleaner query

Pete Zahut wrote:
We've just got one of these http://preview.tinyurl.com/mh67at
primarily for kitchen floor tiles, bathroom tiles etc., etc. It says
in the handbook that came with it that it can be used to clean
windows - specifically the glass, not the uPVC, and it even comes
with a squeegee attachment to do it.
I reckon if you squirt steam at a double-glazed panel it's gonna
crack, my missus reckons that it should be OK given that there's a
specific tool/instructions to do so. Who's right - cos I don't fancy
paying for a new window!

I worked for Karcher when they first launched theirs and was also wary, but
after dozens of trials found that it gave an incredible clean with no
breakages.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk