Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
NoamZ NoamZ is offline

Default Musing about what woodturning has meant to me. (long)

Woodturning has brought so much negative into my life:
I was happy (or so I believed) thinking about carrer and
opportunities. Now its practically over - Im looking forward to
retirement and Im 20 years away! Secretly envious at those that wake,
have a nice breafast and stoll over to the ir shop.
Expenses have gone drastically up as a result of upgrading my lathe
(just recently to a Jet 16" 2HP), looking for an additional chuck,
salivating over various tools and kits, mail ordering new sand paper
types, pen blanks, finihes and carbide inserts.
My wife is considering throwing me out into the garden as a result of
my obsession for collecting wood. Every fallen limb, every far away
noise of a chain saw, every tip from a firend about an arborist n
action. I keep bringing them home, long after the need has
dissapeared. "The need months to dry" I keep telling her, "so its
better to stock up in advance".
I dont regret any of it.