Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default petrol in diesel tank

Lobster wrote:

Wish I'd known about these gadgets a few weeks ago actually. When we
replaced one of our cars very recently I made the conscious decision
*not* to go for a diesel, as I figured that with SWMBO (no offence,
love...) and teenagers both driving it alongside our existing
petrol-engined job, it would only be a matter of time before I had an
expensive cock-up on my hands.

Yonks ago when I worked for Karcher, they launched a new engine driven hot
water & steam pressure washer. Honda petrol engine, fuel tank was right
next to the diesel fuel tank for the heater. You can guess what happened to
8 of the first 12 we sold...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk