Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Inverting electrical panel 180 degrees?

In article , rangerssuck wrote:
On Aug 30, 4:54=A0pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Bruce L. Bergman=

wrote:
[...]
=A0 The same manufacturer who likes to stencil "No User Serviceable
Parts Inside, Do Not Open" just to get you to throw it out and buy
another?

I don't recall ever seeing that legend on a piece of electrical service
equipment. IME, instructions placed on such equipment are there for important
reasons, typically the prevention of fire and/or electrocution hazards.
Perhaps your experience differs.

Google "no user serviceable parts inside" = 314,000 hits.

And how many of those are on electrical service equipment?

Within arm's
reach, it's on my telephone. It's on my monitor. It's on my printer.

But *not* on electrical service equipment.

It's bull****. I fix this stuff all the time.

Doesn't change the fact that it violates the electrical code to alter a piece
of service equipment in a manner that was not specified by the manufacturer
and listed for that purpose.