Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Cheap way to put up a wall to divide a three car garage

On Sep 1, 8:06*pm, SMS wrote:
My sister-in-law has a tri-plex that has a three car garage with three
single garage doors. However there are no dividing walls to separate the
garage into separate garages. I need to put up a wall so one of the
garages is only accessible to the renter.

It's about 24' long x 12' wide.

I don't need anything fancy or to cover it with sheet rock.

I've thought of many different ways to do it, but all seem like they're
too complex and expensive.

"only accessible to the renter"

There are lots of levels of "accessible".

You said you don't need anything fancy. My local Craigslist has 50' of
wooden snow fence for US$45.

One length of snow fence makes access to the other garages that is
inconvenient.

One length stacked on top of the other, and tied to it, makes access
that probably requires tools.

Chain link fence (also available on Craigslist, free or for $) would
also make the other garages inaccessible without the use of tools.

Heck, even drywall won't stop a renter that really wants to get into
the other garages.

Just tossing out ideas to get you thinking.

Effective, fast and cheap - Pick any 2.