Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.lighting
J.R. J.R. is offline

Default 2 black wires but no white wire (photocell-controlled fixture)

"J.R." wrote in
:

Can I hook one black to black and the other black to white? Or should
I tie both blacks to black and cap off the white box wire?...

Addendum:

I realize that tying both blacks to black would not logically allow current
flow unless part of the fixture is tied to neutral, which I see no evidence
of. Just taking a wild guess with that.

I've read that some black wires have a faint white stripe and are actually
neutral, but I don't see such a stripe. They are also identical in surface
texture.

J.R.