Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright Bill Wright is offline

Default one metre sds drill bits at Aldi

"Stephen" wrote in message
Hello,

Whilst shopping in Aldi I saw some 1 metre and some 600mm sds drill
bits at Aldi. I don't know if that might be useful for someone?

If so, please could you tell me what on earth you use 1 metre drill
bits for?

Drilling through thick walls. Many old buildings have walls with a rubble
infill. You have to drill through with a long drill bit (or an extending
set) and then attach a thin wire to the business end of the bit and pull the
wire back. Otherwise the rubble just moves and blocks the hole. The walls
tend to be thicker midway between apertures, incidentally.

In shop fitting the units often have voids between them so you have to drill
right through two panels and a 600mm void, otherwise you are fishing across
600mm of fresh air.

Bill