Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default DIY DG demist

Bolted coughed up some electrons that declared:

On 1 Sep, 22:55, Tim S wrote:
Bolted coughed up some electrons that declared:

On 1 Sep, 20:13, Tim S wrote:

Well, a DG panel is anywhere from 70-100 quid per m2 (depending on
glass) so I suppose if the panel is large or times are tight, a repair
might be worth the effort.

How much? *That made me look up the invoice for the only units I've
ever bought on their own, which were £59/m2 for 4:6:4 and £77/m2 for 6
(lam):6:4(toughened) - *but that was with a krypton fill to get to
1.4U. *An argon fill would have been £39/m2 and £47/m2. *That's with
top spec glass to get the U value. *Figures inc VAT.

2 glaziers in the SE quoted very similar figures.

Whereabouts are you?

SE London - try Olympic Glass next time (they are on Sheppey).

Sheppy is highly accessible - thanks for the tip!