Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Shower electrics

John Rumm wrote:
Dave wrote:
Shortly, I will have to remove the power shower unit from the bathroom
wall. Though I can remove the fuse that feeds it, what do I have to do
with the 3 cores coming out of the wall to make it safe?

Assuming you can disconnect all the wires at the supply (or connect them
all to earth), you could then hack out a bit of plaster and entomb them.
I would probably make off the ends in an insulated crimp first.

That sounds good, but I may want to put the shower back if I can repair
it. There will be a hole in the tile for the cable to connect to the
shower, so I might be able to hide the ends behind a plastic cover
siliconed on. There is no way we can use the shower head without the
pump and we don't have a hand held version, would this be a temporary
solution?

Answering Dave's reply, it set me thinking about the routing of the
cable. When I fitted this shower, I tapped into the bath pipes and ran
them from under the bath, out side the panel and up a trunking that was
tight up to the bath along with the cable (high temp. spec) for the
pump. Now, I am not sure if the plumber re ran them to conform with
regs. (vertical/horizontal) I'll get my detectors on the job am. I have
bad feelings about this :-(

Dave