Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Ah well, all good things come to an end...

Tim S wrote:

For my part, I'm trying to minimise the number of different lamp types I
have to stock as spares - and trying to use lamp bases where many different
types (eg wattage, colours, led replacements) are or might be available.

In my last house I took good care to replace all the original fittings
(it was quite new) with ones that also took BC bulbs. The result was
that I needed 40W BC, 60W BC, and 100W BC in my store cupboard, and that
was all.

Then we moved.

The previous owner of this house seemed to have an ambition to have at
least one fitting with each possible type. certainly BC, SBC, ES, SES,
both ES and SES spot, 4ft tube all were represented. Grr.

Andy