Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default DIY DG demist

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking Andrew Gabriel wrote :
Just to point out... if you're drilling through the glass and it's
toughened glass (as increasingly they are nowadays), then you won't
get as far as drilling the second hole. You bypass that and go
directly to the dustpan and brush stage, followed by the yellow
pages ;-)

You do NOT drill the glass, you drill holes through the gap between
the panes (through the seal).

Aha! I'm glad you clarified that. I was reading that as drilling the
glass.

But what about jj's remarks in the OP, he was advocating drilling the glass
wasn't he?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%