Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default DIY DG demist

Davey coughed up some electrons that declared:

Surely it'd be better just to spend a few quid and get a new pane of glass
and have a proper functioning DG unit again? If you want to save a few
quid, remove the old one and fit the new one yourself. I would think these
repairs leave the pane of glass with a similar insulating factor as a
single glazed window.

Well, a DG panel is anywhere from 70-100 quid per m2 (depending on glass) so
I suppose if the panel is large or times are tight, a repair might be worth
the effort.

But if possible to replace I would agree at least the effort of refitting
will be good for a decade or 3.

Cheers

Tim