Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rich Webb Rich Webb is offline

Default Verizon to drop news group service

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:39:44 GMT, Tim Schwartz
wrote:

Hello all,

This morning's e-mail included the letter below from Verizon FIOS, my
ISP provider. (But at least they are not lowering the price for reducing
my service. G)

One more blow to what's left of usenet. Anyone suggest any alternate
service? I don't really need "more exciting ways of getting and sharing
information via the Web".

I switched over from Verizon's usenet service to APN (Agent Premium
Newsgroups) http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php a few years ago,
mostly to enable newsgroup access from points other than when logged
into VOL. APN is a reseller of EasyNews with a slightly different
pricing structure. I've been pretty happy with it.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA