Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 08:42:09 -0600, "SteveB" wrote:

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 00:41:24 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 00:47:59 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:42:26 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

OK, Gunner. Let it be clear from this point forward that I did not
and do not advocate suppressing anyone's rights. I do advocate
responsible behavior and disdain posturing with firearms. Might this
be a midwestern concept you find incomprehensible?

I find that it appears to be a midwest concept that the gentleman was
acting irresponsibly and posturing.

Shall we ask the other readers if it was, or wasnt?

Yes, let's do that. That could be interesting.

Anyone have a comment one way or the other?

Was the black guy with the AR15 over his shoulder, peacefuly standing in
an Arizona Tea Party demonstration, along with 15 or 20 other armed
guys, acting like a wack job or not?

He was acting irresponsibly and contrary to his own interests. He had
no good reason to be carrying an AR15 and should have known (unless he
_is_ a wack job) that doing so under the circumstances would alarm
most folks. Assert your rights in an irresponsible manner and you're
more likely to compromise than protect them.

In the interest of context, I live in Maine, which has a long
tradition of hunting and gun ownership. I haven't owned a gun myself
in many years, but used to be a pretty good target shooter. I'm
comfortable with my neighbors who own guns, but would wonder about the
judgement of one who showed up at a political rally toting an AR15.

The Left of course hid the fact he
was black, and started talking about armed white racism and so forth.

You just poisoned the poll with that remark.

--
Ned Simmons

I would have done the same thing, carry a gun at a political demonstration.
To make my point, which is that I am exercising my rights, just as those
others are exercising theirs of free speech and freedom of assembly. What
are we going to do, refine the Bill of Rights, and just eliminate this one
and that one?

And you, Ned, just poisoned your own well by not commenting that the press
didn't mention he was black, or even show many pictures, and went right off
into white racism, which was not the issue in any way. His actions were not
meant to be a threat to Obama or anyone, just to jog people to think, "You'd
better pay attention, or they will be taking your guns next."

You're not that guy that lives next to Homer Simpson, are you?

Steve

I believe that makes 3 For, 1 against?

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.