Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default DIY DG demist

jj wrote:
Noticed that there's a new way of de-fogging double glazing without
replacing the glass. According to the details ;

Two holes are drilled, top and bottom, in the glass. Cleaning and
demisting fluid is injected into the hole and afterwards a one-way
valve fitted.
Don't know how effective this method is but I'd like to give it a
try. Does anyone know where I can buy the fluid and one-way valves
online (or one of the sheds) ? Tried googling but without knowing the
correct name for the valves and fluid all I get are pages of adverts
for firms who will carry out the work for me !

Surely it'd be better just to spend a few quid and get a new pane of glass
and have a proper functioning DG unit again? If you want to save a few quid,
remove the old one and fit the new one yourself. I would think these repairs
leave the pane of glass with a similar insulating factor as a single glazed
window.