Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY DG demist

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield writes:
jj has brought this to us :
Noticed that there's a new way of de-fogging double glazing without replacing
the glass. According to the details ;

Two holes are drilled, top and bottom, in the glass. Cleaning and demisting
fluid is injected into the hole and afterwards a one-way valve fitted.

I posted a method in this ng which I had come across quite some time
ago. Like your method, it involved drilling holes in two opposite
corners,

Just to point out... if you're drilling through the glass and it's
toughened glass (as increasingly they are nowadays), then you won't
get as far as drilling the second hole. You bypass that and go
directly to the dustpan and brush stage, followed by the yellow
pages ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel