Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default plumbing: scaled up tap connector (was freezing kits)

Stephen wrote:
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:41:43 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

They do wot is says on the tin basically. I wouldn't part with mine.

Thanks. Photos and descriptions in catalogues can only tell so much.
These are the kind of things you can only find out from talking to
someone who has actually used them. They sound like they have been
really good for you and used on a daily basis would soon pay for
themselves. For my occasional DIY use though, I can't justify that
expense right now.

Thats one of the good things about doing this for a living - I can justify
having the right tools, so when I do jobs at home I've got the right kit.

You mentioned in an earlier post about your plumbing bag weighing so
much. How do you manage to carry everything you need with you? I'm
thinking that if you carry straight couples, elbows, and tees in 15
and 22 millimetre sizes, perhaps both in compression and solder,
that's already quite a box full of heavy brass.

The plumbing tool bag weighs enough as it is. I also have a heavy duty
plastic organiser for bits
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Professional...er/invt/165171

Mainly 15mm TBH, don't do a lot with 22mm so just 1 or 2 of each in the
larger size. Couple of plastic boxes in the van hold flexibles, waste
fittings, flush handles, float valves, siphons etc.

Tend to take the tool bag in with me & go back to the van for bits. Gives
me the chance to have a quick fag whilst looking :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk