Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie Tim Downie is offline

Default petrol in diesel tank

"Adrian" wrote in message
gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Ive just put 2 litres of perol in my diesel tank. i filled tank right up
with 70 litres of diesel in the hope that the petrol will be on the top
and i can syphon it off .

Advice please

How new's the car?

If it's not a modern common rail diesel, then just drive it.
If it is, you'll PROBABLY be OK, but I think I'd rather play safe and
drain the tank. Forget trying to separate the two.

My brother in law put petrol in his common rail diesel Citroen Berlingo and
ran it until the engine stopped. I was sure that it was going to be
knackered. After draining and refilling its been fine ever since.

I would agree that at that low level of contamination it's probably going to
be fine.

Tim