Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Security Systems (OT?)

ransley wrote:
On Aug 31, 9:14 am, John wrote:
My cars and neighbors cars have been broken into several times in the
past month. I suspect it's the same person doing the rounds every
couple of weeks. I want to install a system to CATCH this guy. I'm
not interested in just deterring them. I'm not sure what my best
options are.

I'm thinking about night vision cameras for one. I can get a system
for around $350, but I'm not sure if it's sufficient. Even if I got
video footage, would it be enough to do something? The systems I'm
thinking of a

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...-details.asp?E...

One thing that concerns me is that one review mentioned that the
cameras put out a faint red glow, making them visible at night. Is
this true of all IR cameras? I'm also considering putting a wireless
video camera in the glove box, so I'm pretty much guarenteed a decent
picture of the face.

The other thing I can think of is putting in a wireless motion sensor
in my glove box (I already own one, and it's X10 so I can have it
turn on a radio/light etc). If I can catch the guy in the act, that
would be ideal.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas/thoughts/experience on the
subject that might help me.

Thanks

John

A bear trap on your seat will awaken you with his screaming, that
would hurt.

Against the law.