Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Small Florida Town "gets it" (guns)

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:43:31 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 04:37:19 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:22:41 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:17:32 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Ayup...you are indeed from Minnesota, sad to say.

And you're from Da Nang, right? G

I'm from Nairobi, Maam. Isn't everyone?

I'm actually from Michigan, but I've lived in MN for many years now.

There's a difference?

There are somewhat less rusting factories in MN...somewhat.

Gunner

Three of the leading three makers of medical electronic devices
(pacemakers, ICD's etc) are he Boston Sci, Medtronic and St. Jude.
Also Starkey, a leading maker of hearing aids. The HQ of Magnum
Research (Desert Eagle) is right here in Fridley, an easy walk from my
house.
http://www.magnumresearch.com/

Unmarked other than their street address but I drove right by their
front door today en route to the nearby post office to pick up our
accumulated mail.

Much of Michigan, at least the lower peninsula, is economically tied
to the auto industry in Detroit. 'Nuff said?

The yoopers (Upper Peninsula) are also feeling the pinch. There's
about no industry in the UP but there are three universities and a few
highways that depend upon flow of money north from Lansing.

I had a chat last week with some folks on staff at Michigan
Technological University in Houghton. One of them was neighbor-at-lake
Zip's daughter and a dept administrator, her hub is a prof. Research
grant money from Detroit has dried up noticably. Fancy that.