Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default NRA car air fresheners

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:50:10 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:09:54 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 04:26:51 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
om...
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 01:01:45 -0500, "William Wixon"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
I just got my weekly set of NRA special offers and I'm happy to
report
that
we can now buy NRA-logo car air fresheners, in a variety of scents.

"Did you ever wonder what to do about that rabbit or duck your
forgot
about under your truck seat last week? Afraid that ordinary air
fresheners
won't do the job?

"Well, worry no more. NRA's line of heavy-duty air fresheners will
cover
up the foulest of dead game smells, the accident your beagle had in
the
back seat, and the stale hunting shirt you haven't washed since
1987.
Available in three potent aromas -- Hoppe's No. 10, Burnt Cordite,
and
Eau
de Urine Deer Scent.

You get three different, colorful NRA logos printed in two sides on
heavy,
3" diameter card stock.Hang cords are already attached, so all you
need
do is decide where these breaths of fresh NRA air are most needed!

Imported, of course. None of that domestic crap for the NRA...

http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product....tid=HO%2022675

--
Ed Huntress

i know a guy who was quite ****ed off because he suspected the reason
someone let the air out of his tires was because he had a "BUSH '08"
sticker
on his bumper. i'd be afraid to put a NRA air freshener in my car for
fear
someone would vandalize my car. (especially if i parked it in a SUNY
New
Paltz parking lot.)

b.w.

Actually..I had a little cockbreath in a Honda with a rainbow sticker
scratching off the Bush stickers on my service truck in 2004. I chased
him into his car, pulled my service truck behind him so he couldnt get
out.then cut off his valve stems. All 4 of them.

He was screaming at me (from a locked car) about vandalism etc
etc...then I mentioned that he ruined the entire paint job on my
truck...he could sue for vandalism to $12 worth of valve stems..and Id
go for $5000 in paint. Or he could step out of the Honda and Id bust
his ass. His choice. He quieted down rapidly. Then I bashed his
windshield a couple times and drove off. I bashed his windshield
with
a hammer btw. But only a couple times.

It was a fun election cycle. Had another asshole pull up behind
me...start beeping his horn like an idiot..pulled up beside me and
started flipping me off and screaming at me because Bush had just won
the election. I started making monkey faces at him, drying my eyes
with
a hanky etc until I had him so upset that he rear ended another car
pretty hard..and then smiled and waved as I drove on down the 405
freeway...as steam was rising from his crumpled hood and the 3 BIG
black
guys were walking back to the little morons piece of **** car.

Crom but I love ****ing with beligerant Leftards. Of course they are
retarded children, no matter the age..and its really not nice to pick
on
retards..but hey...they are only Leftards. Its not like they are
humans
or anything.

Just goes to show how many utter morons live in Southern California.

Shrug

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab
your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.

My Ford van had a "NAVY" sticker on the bumper when I bought it from the
Navy. Sadly, I didn't have the balls to leave it on. Liberals are
strange
and can get violent and I really'd hate to have to do the paperwork when
I'd
have to shoot them, so I take precautions not to provoke them by
advertising
anything religious, wholesome, patriotic or just.

You should have put a NRA sticker near the NAVY sticker. One tends to
protect the other. Ive got an NRA sticker on the extended cab window
behind the drivers window. I used to put em on the back bumper..but Id
rather a bad guy approaches and sees the sticker, about the same time he
sees the little bity silver thingy with the really big hole in the end
of it. I just love surprises!!

Had that happen in East LA last year. Parked on the curb..and a gomer
tried sneaking up on the cab..was doing service reports and watched him
coming in the mirror. Had a knife tucked in his hand. I reached over
and locked the door and put my little 45 in my lap. The window was about
half down and he got to the window, reached in with his knife...and I
was holding the 45 pointing at his face as I held on to his hand,
flipped it backwards, he dropped the knife..and I put it into drive.
Guy could run pretty good for about the first 2 blocks..then he started
getting tired.

You know that a black kid will actually bounce off a building pretty
damned good, when a corner is turned and the throttle is stomped on
when entering an alley? Thats what they say anyways. They say bones
break and you can actually hear it. Shrug..sounds messy to me. Bet
the kid didnt do it again in such a sloppy fashion. Or maybe never.
Hitting a building at 25mph+ can wreck a guys whole day. Thats what they
say anyways.

My dogs found the whole thing really interesting.

Shrug

Gunner

The local County Sheriff's office finally finished my background check and
called me in to get photographed and print my permit. After 1/2 hour of
the
deputy flubbing with the computer he called in a lady deputy that told him
to "click on that thingy there". Well, after another 15 minutes I
politely
asked if I could look at it. 2 minutes later and a reboot the laminator
spit out my CCW permit. Very nice people, just not byte heads. If you
remember, I swore I'd never carry. That was before the Obama voters were
empowered. My entire staff except my sister and my accountant now have
permits.

Bravo! Now to work on your sister and the accountant.

Gunner, who will be going to the SO tommorow in Bakersfield to get his
28th renewal. Having shot the course the weekend before last. High
score as usual...shrug.

Mine's good for 5 years, scored 99 written and one ragged hole on the
shooting! The one question I missed was about sight alignment and had two
typos in it. And, I just didn't understand what they wanted, I skipped it
with the intention of coming back then forgot to.

4 yrs ago, California went from Yearly to bi-yearly. The counties that
issue..shrug.

Now Ive only got to go every two years to the range. Good shooting btw!

Our targets are 1/2 sized modified B70s, with no scoring rings. Center
of Mass targets. Just faint color Zones.

They are easy if you have shot a little bit. I hung around for the New
applicants class and helped a couple people qualify. One gal, if she
keeps shooting, is going to be a GREAT shooter and I told her that.

Her first round was about 14"...the staff couldnt figure out what she
was doing wrong..I watched, made a couple suggestions and she was
plinking em in a 5" circle and under, the next round. She was laughing
and having a grand time, really enjoying it once we figured out what she
was doing wrong. Never shot a handgun before in her life..late 40s.

California has the reguirement that only three (at most) listed weapons
can be carried ..only space for 3 weapons and serial numbers on the
CCW...so I shot a .41 Mag and a .45 on the range but listed the same 3
weapons Ive had listed for years. Turned a few heads when I fired the
41 during the course and they looked at the group. 3.4" for 50 rds.

Sigh...I was so low on loaded ammo, I wound up shooting factory ammo
that Id dug out of the stockroom. A bit warm...shrug. Felt damned good
though. Id not shot since at least November of last year. Been afraid
to,, what with the triple bypass, the stroke etc. First two rounds were
almost outside center of mass..then the brain kicked in and the rest
went where they were supposed to go. On the rapid fire strings I felt
slow...real slow. But I guess I was still faster than anyone else by a
significant margin....based on the odd looks from the instructors and
other shooters. IDPA and Steel Challenge tends to make you shoot a bit
faster than most folks. Shrug. I was afraid Id lost my muscle memory.
Thank Crom I hadnt...though Im slower than I was.