sro

Default gas boiler thermocouple

Old boiler designs are very inefficient. See the thread on the Potterton
combi too. If you buy a quality product and have it installed correctly
then you will expect 20 years from it.

Yes I know that efficencies have increased although I do take issue with the
way the plumbing/heating
trade love to quote "efficiencies" of more than 100% without explaining the
particular scam they are
using to break the laws of thermodynamics.

I will probably install it myself when the time comes and will follow best
practices along with trade
advice ( luckily I do have access to this ).
As to 20 years - yeah right, just like quality cars dont go wrong if
properly maintained - check out
my pitch for "most boring bmw rants" in the uk.rec.cars.maintenance :-)

I reckon I'll get more trouble, which I'll deal with, but I will be very
interested to check out the claimed
efficiency increases - according to the sedbuk scales a modern boiler should
be double the efficency -
I'll be interested to see how that translates into quantity of gas used.

Steve