Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Winter heating check

In message m, Davey
writes

Thanks for the reminder. I plan to fit a modulating pump this time
round.

I fitted a Grundfos Aplha2 modulating pump last year and was really pleased
with how quiet the heating became. Took a week to "learn" our heating system
and haven't touched it since.

That's the one. Still sitting on the office floor beside me. Could you
enlarge a little on your experience?

We have rather an awkward system in that all the radiators (except two
in the bathrooms) are on TRVs. As originally installed. we had a lot of
noise from the pump as the house reached temperature. This was overcome
by fitting a thermostat but is still prone to noise when not much heat
is required. I am hoping the Alpha 2 will be quieter:-)

Energy savings means it should pay for itself during it's useful lifetime.

regards

--
Tim Lamb