Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

In article , HeyBub wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
(Don Klipstein) wrote:

But the rate of people in the US sensing they are better off than
Canadians is roughly the same.

Except that is not my experience. Unlike all of the Canadians that
I know, many of my fellow Americans that I know would rather have
their healthcare system substantially different and like that of a
country other than their own.

Well if they are your friends and neighbors then it must be
REAL truth and the rest of the polls are all wrong. That ends the
discussion. Nothing here to see. Just move along.

If you Google "health+care+poll" the top entries support socialized
medicine. These top entries were polls taken by the New York Times, ABC, and
NBC. Then you get to the honest pollsters:

Rasmussen:
"...just 42% of U.S. voters now favor the plan. That's down five points from
two weeks ago and down eight points from six weeks ago."
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...tent/politics/
current_events/healthcare/august_2009/
support_for_congressional_health_care_reform_fall s_to_new_low

Is the drop in support due to weakening of the "Public Option"?

Why should something that is optional be lobbied against? My answer is
that the "Public Option" cause "toes to be stepped on" by competition by a
competitor - please remember that the "Public Option" is an "option"
and not mandatory.

With USA's Congresscritters weakening support for the "Public Option" in
response to efforts by lobbyists, I am not surprised by Congress getting
low approval ratings.

I merely wish that my fellow Americans would not state in the voting
booth that their Congresscritter is worthy of re-election while "most
others are not".

I also wish for more Americans to vote in "primary elections" - to vote
to replace their "congresscritter" (or more-local politician) with someone
else of same-"party", as opposed to being unwilling/lazy until chance
comes later in the year to vote for replacement with the
low-vote-count-towards replacement being likely of dfifferent party

- Don Klipstein )