Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default CFLs vs LEDs vs incandescents: round 1,538

In article , HeyBub wrote:
Don Klipstein wrote:

Except that is not my experience. Unlike all of the Canadians that
I know, many of my fellow Americans that I know would rather have
their healthcare system substantially different and like that of a
country other than their own.

I'm reminded of the CBS correspondent who said at a cocktail party: "I can't
belive Nixon won! I don't know anybody who voted for him."

You need to enlarge your circle of acquaintances.

I know dozens of Canadians with 100% rate of being at-least-highly
unwilling to trade their healthcare coverage for what they would get if
they moved to USA.

I know more USA citizens than I know Canadians, and my experience of
such larger number of USA citizens is that a "large and substantial
minority" of my family members, friends, co-workers and neighbors would
prefer to have USA copy what Canada has over what USA has.

In fact, this "minority" of my USA-citizen family members, friends,
neighbors and co-workers that are very dis-satisfied by what USA has is
big enough to be barely a minority. I hope that my fellow USA citizens
would have high rate of being dis-satisfied with what USA has, due to
gubmint spending %-of-GDP by gubmint on healthcare coverage being about
the same as is the case for Canada, while the average USA working family
(and employer thereof) spend in addition $12K, maybe $13K annually for
private healthcare coverage.

- Don Klipstein )