Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Water Cutting

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:04:10 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

I was actually thinking of stone. Specifically granite, for a non
traditional idea, but it looks impractical to DIY and its way to expensive
to have done. Granite is cheap. Cut granite is very expensive. I was
hoping to be able to make cuts up to 3-4 feet thick. Looks like I either
need a $50K machine or to spend the rest of my life on one project.
Neither is palatable so this idea will have to pass for now.

(rough cuts would have been satisfactory. This is not for a counter top or
something like that. Think bigger. A lot bigger.)

Menhirs?

Joe