Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toom Tabard Toom Tabard is offline

Default Roof ladder newbie

On 31 Aug, 08:36, "Johnny OneSpanner"
wrote:
Hello -

I think some of the flashing around the chimney stack of my 2-storey house
is leaking - some water is getting into the loft during heavy rain.

Same here, only happening during the recent and frequent thunderous
downpours, and I let a professional deal with it. We hope it was just
the loose mortar/rendering from the stack which he found wedged in the
flashing and which might have been blocking/diverting the drainage.
Will have to let it dry out and see if next thunderous downpour causes
recurrence. I can see from my window that next door neighbour has same
blockage in his flashing.

Toom